Positive & needle and Seat choke
- Sizes available: 1-13/16" to 7-1/16" as per API 6A and 2" to 8" as per ASME B16.5. Other sizes also available upon request.
- Pressure rating: up to 15000 psi for API 6A and ANSI classes up to 4500#.
- Hydro dynamically designed gallery style body for maximum erosion resistance for all available trim styles.
Positive fixed bean choke
- A fixed restriction. The orifice size is normally calibrated in 1/64" increments referred to as "bean size". Hammer union type bonnet assist in quick change out of choke bean.
- Choke bean and bean wrench are to be ordered as per the production field requirement.
Adjustable choke - needle and seat type
- A variable restriction. The flow rate is adjustable from 0% to 100%. Typically a moveable stem is used to vary the size of the orifice or adjust the flow area.
- The extended seat is used as part of this type of choke design.
- This design is suitable for low to medium pressure drops, less severe service and applications that do not require positive shutoff.
Positive fixed bean and needle seat adjustable choke field interchangeability
- Field conversion from positive to needle seat choke is possible by replacing minimum parts.